St. Mary’s hosts the Living Change Fellows.
St. Mary’s Manhattanville is the “I am not afraid” church, standing up as a community of faith in West Harlem to pursue justice and peace for the poor and oppressed, to pray and care for the lonely and at risk, and to put into practice the message of the Gospel by the power of the Holy Spirit “Do not be afraid”. Luke 1:30
St Mary’s Manhattanville Episcopal Church is one of the oldest ongoing faith communities in Harlem. For over 180 years, St. Mary’s has been enacting faith-filled responses to the needs of our neighborhood, city, nation and world. It is a vibrant and diverse community, within which radical hospitality and inspired joy are felt. St. Mary’s welcomes our homeless sisters and brothers. We have long been a leader in community organizing toward preserving Harlem’s unique culture and community.
Fellows are able to join ongoing church programs such as:
- Mobile soup kitchen & street outreach
- Free movie nights, especially welcoming our homeless friends
- Fun & creative fundraising events & free parties for neighborhood children
- Homeless church in Marcus Garvey Park (Ecclesia Ministries)
- Urban farm & garden
- Choir, LEM, lector & other Sunday church ministries
- Thrift shop & free clothing exchange
For more information, explore the St. Mary’s website: www.StMarysHarlem.org
Fellows each have a single room with a bed, wardrobe, desk and chair. There is a communal eating/living area with a kitchenette. Fellows enjoy high-speed wireless internet.
St. Mary’s is very close to busy subway stations, and is centrally located among schools and seminaries.